Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Daily Recap 10/26/12 Aunt Pearl Moves to Town: President Obama Born In Topeka Ks

Daily Recap 10/26/12:  Winter is here, but Fall is to return next week. Family got the house plants inside and the one tomato plant still blooming is covered forr the night. Only mail of note was wanting us to buy something and one fax page didn't go through when I filed for payment on Oxygen from Blues. They sent some kind of note about filing by e scan, but that is only for suppliers and providers. Can'ttell if the rest went through OK, so very confusing to now and I can;t call any one as they are ordered not to talk to me as every time I was, the customer service people were writing up anddocumenting all the illegal and unethical activity on my records and they stopped the internal ' whistle blowing.' ? have to wait and see what arrives or sometimes its posted on line when paid, but not everything. last year they had a good system where I got an e mail immediately for entire family;s bills, not diagnosis, but the claims, etc. And I should as bills by others does affect or is supposed to effect catastrophic and deductibles and family deductibles. but that has not been happening for some years, and my appeals onthe matter are ignored. noone should expect their health care plans in 2014 to be what is in the contract booklet one gets on coverage as these are the contractors in charge in 2014. I know of no legal group ready to file on any of these crucial issues at all in 1/2014. The us supreme court ruled the Fed could have health ins as the Teri Schiavo law made any basic necessity of life a federal matter if the states don't do it. But the system has to be proven unconstitutional. It has to be proven that there really is not accountability, then the supreme court can mandate it must be done. Congress should be doing this, but they are the onees that created this coup d'etat over the last 25 years.
In the meantime, our public monies are being stolen and none?in Congress wants to know and I can't understand, why not? Voting this year, one needs to be asking which candidate will correct these problems?

PRESIDENT OBAMA BORN IN TOPEKA KS: I've been writing about President Obama;s relatives on his grandfather;s side.  if one is just starting to read what's been posted since 7/26/12 and in Daily recaps since, you may be wondering about the family names. Dunham is not the family name of his grandfather Dunahm. Dunham was a stolen wallet and id to go to war. His birth name was Daniel Wayne Pope and his mother was my Dad's sister. Helen (Hardy) Pope She had 3 sisiters and one borther, my Dad. Names and birth dates don'talways agree with other records either. But it is what they went by for almost the last hundred years. Many of my relatives have only been known to me by what my parents have said , or in meeting some of them on occasion, etc. We lived a long way from most of them and we were never in a position to take vacations and when I married, we often lived even further away and didn't keep in contact as I should. Seems to be a end result of modern society. The Internet generation  is blessed in many ways as having a medium to keep in contact with friends and relatives. Even long distance phone calls were expensive.
When Doyle and I got married , Aunt Pearl came for the wedidig. In fact she helped make my wedding veil. We had to take a white hat and take some of the parts off and sew on the veil. Mom had made my wedding gown. It meant a lot to me for her to be there. For a while we only lived 150 miles form Aunt Pearl and Uncle Tom . They had moved to a house in Council Bluffs. I understood they had sold their farm. They lived in a home and Uncle Tom had a worship in the basement where he made some toys. He gave one to each of our children and still have them.It was a puppet that could turn somersault with wood and strings.
We enjoyed the visit. our lives always seemed so hectic and did not  visit them much.
When my Dad died in 1989, her daughter, Shirley and daughter brought her to the funeral. Their daughter had been teaching at Kansas State University in statistics  and became a great Blessing to my parents while we lived out east. She met her husband throgh them. He was a student and had been working for a moving company and had helped them move into town , too. Somehow, they met throuh that and got married and before Mom died had moved to N Mexico and understood they had at least one child. Mom had said that Marta might want  one piece of furniture, a dish huthch, but another member of the family  contacted her and said no. I did try to make sure some of these wishes were kept. Sometimes an object has sentimental value or some memory. Mom had had a ddetailed list,when we had visited the year before her death, but don't know where it was? She'd  made me aware of it, and I tried to recall what she had mentioned. It wasn't part of the formal will, but  did want to respect her wishes in the matter.
I was always told that Shirley and Doris ( Wilma as my mom seemed to often call her instead had attended Morningside college and jad teaching degreesa, not sure if this is accurate, but told both went there. Aunt Pearl's son, KenT Vallier was a career miitary ( Airforce?) , and on my federal forms when it was asked if I had any relatives in govt or military in 1968 , he was the only one I knew of and put him down although I've never met him either. He was stationed at Huntsville, Alabama for years in the Air force, as I recall. This is all relayed to me by others.
 Shirley and her husband were also in Huntsville for some time and then back to Colorado.where her husband taught in college. there.Statistics as I was told. A subject that is and never was my  best subject in school . But did have to have some knowledge in Sociology. Started and finished At Kansas State U. after attending two other colleges and switching majors along the way. I had kept track of courses so only had a couple of credits over needed amount.. Because I'd started in 1963, those rules applied and colld choose  statistics or Logic my Senior year. I needed to make sure I graduated and stastics was being taught over in the engineering school at the time and I knew better than to try and keep up with them. Colleges now usually have the course as  behavioral statistics and is more geared toward the social scinences. I took logic and found it easy and fun. Later when I studied computer math, discovered logic is fundamental and didn;t know that back in the 1960's. Did others know this? Hopefully things have improved over the eyars so students can match abilities and aptitudes with what is needed for what career.  Still don;t know why a sutedent graduating form highschool is not prerared for an entry level job in a field they wnat to be in. and enjoy and want to know more about so they can be more self supprting while learning about that field.?that they need to find out exactly what is needed to study in some of the newer fields. . Even the educators didn't seem to fully understand what was needed for the computer age.. California college system was ahead on this some.
There is a real disconnect between educational systems and what is needed  when one entered on to a job even today and that needs to be corrected  as we just keep ouring money into a system that does not seve us well for the students or society's needs. .
Tomorrow: Tracy Hardy, award winning farmer. Linda Joy Adams 10/26/12

1 comment:

Linda Joy Adams said...

Problems with ABC spell check as it only allowed inserts part of the time and sometimes wouldn;t give a correct spelling choice