Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

AFGE request for info / and membership matters

Sharon Pennock
Membership and organizing
80 F Street
Washington, D.C. 20001
cc:AFGE local 2369
Today i was told by Membership hot line that the union dropped me from their rolls on 12/22/97. i as asking for any documentation of what the union was told and why this occurred. When i transferred to OWCP jurisdiction 10/11/1994 i inquired about paying union dues and was told the contract and policy was that these were waived when under owcp jurisdiction. I still am, with no offical break in service according to the official personnel file which I recently learned is only accessed by or in personal custody of the Regional Commission for the NY region. I'm well aware that misinformation has been spewed out to many parties and obstructed my medical care and other processing of matters unresolved. I've yet to have a decision on the permanent disability with OWCP that I filed for in 1996 when my pulmonologist and owcp doctor signed for permanent disability for me and we moved since there was no anticipation of ever being able to work again.
I had contacted your office in the past an inquired as to whether any change in paying union dues existed and no answer.
I suspect that local 2369 was misinformed by the Regional commissioner as to my legal status just as SSA headquarters has been misinformed as required paperwork has never been forwarded including an 'imposement' from OPM on my status. The official secured systems at OPM and US Dept of labor ( OWCP) have consistently shown employment( according to official sources including general counsel for opm a few years ago, post 1997) under owcp and no permanent disability by OWCP which is the only way I can retire under CSR unless OWCP is withdrawn and all monies repaid that were paid out under OWCP to and for me. I am not doing any such thing. There is a signed agreement with SSA in 5/95 and it was altered inside NY reg office and OPM imposed the original on the agency and its currently not being complied with and HHS eeoc matters remain unresolved also that AFGE represented me on and I've periodically advised AFGE to not destroy documents from their representation until it is. I talked with Don _______ in SSA headquarters and he informed me there are many personnel matters he should have received notice of, but hasn't and he will be getting the appropriate officials together to see if everything can finally be resolved. if not, I have no choice but to proceed with all the pending matters including the 21 HHS civil rights complaints filed since 1/08 as retaliation against EEOC activity In my case, medical care and benefits provided by law and awarded have to occur. That still won't replace the good health I lost on 1/10/89 and was exacerbated by no reasonable accommodation as promised from 7/90 - 10-11-94 and i thank Local 2369 for trying to obtain this and representing me on grievances, and eeoc matters and even filing 2 unfair labor practices from action by HHS-SSA against us both.
I also need the case number of those 2 labor practices which an ATTY from US Dept of labor came and took my sworn depositions on. As the current misinforming discovery seems to have 'resurrected' and on-going unfair labor practice when a duly authorized union is not allowed to know who is employed in the local.
I need all info as to what AFGE was told and any official documents given to them or shown to them on my official status in 1994 through the present.
What occurred on 12/22/97 to drop me from the rolls without notice, etc?
Was a memorandum of understanding (based on flawed info) signed between AFGE and SSA about or affecting me? I wish a copy(s).
If the policy/contract/ understanding has changed on payment of union dues while under OWCP jurisdiction; please advise amount of dues and how to pay them.
{an erroneous date of 1/18/97 got put on Federal Blue Cross/ Blue Shield, that I had gotten an owcp settlement and retired on that date} It seems 'logical' that perhaps the local 2369 received the same wrong info and they dropped me as of the last pay period of 1997. My mail was still being forwarded from PA at the time.
I consider myself fortunate for having the AFGE Health insurance card in my purse on 1/10/89 for the admissions clerk to 'misread' and think I was a port Authority employee s that tests were run and diagnosis given and some treatment before the hospital learned I was an HHS-SSA employment whom they had received orders were to be denied any and all treatment and testing and hospitals did so under extreme duress from the highest levels. Those that hold positions now, were there then in many cases.
More recently I've become aware of just how bad the 'smear' campaign has been against this whistle blower and Federal employee and injury victim. I became a whistle blower out of great physical pain and injury; not because I wanted to be one. I just chose to live. But there is so many in similar situations that It does give me the resolve to make it a 'cause' that should be everyone's cause. Please advise me of any options I may have available. And information that could be useful.I thank you for your support and representation as I consider owing my still being alive to your efforts in the past. But its not yet over. Those of faith, please pray that it can soon be resolved and when I can retire, please send me a bill to become an associate member as other retirees receive.
Linda Joy Adams

Colbert, OK 74733

No comments: